Healthy OHIO is Ohio University's employee wellness initiative. Available to Ohio University employees enrolled in the medical plan and their benefits-participating spouses/partners, the program is intended to give participants customizable tools and resources for a variety of wellness goals. Healthy OHIO is an umbrella program that houses two sub-programs: an online/mobile wellness platform called Virgin Pulse and biometric health screenings.
Slight changes have been made to the Fiscal Year 2021 HealthyOHIO program due to COVID-19. Our goal is to continue to support the health and wellbeing of our employees, while respecting individual choices around coronavirus challenges. The following FY21 program offering adjustments minimize risks while still allowing for employees to seek knowledge, understanding and support for their health needs.
Eligible participants can earn up to $200 per year (up to $50 quarterly) when they use the online/mobile wellness platform for customized engagement opportunities. Whether you’re looking to improve your financial well-being, focus on your fitness or spend more time with your pets, Virgin Pulse can help you define and meet your unique wellness goals.
Additionally, in 2020, participants can earn $60 for taking the Health Risk Assessment found in the "Programs" tab of Virgin Pulse (one-time reward). Look for "Health Check"! Note: this is the same amount previously awarded for biometric screenings. The reward will be added to an early 2021 paycheck.
If you have previously (prior calendar year) taken the Health Check, you can easily retake it to earn your $60! In the web version of Virgin Pulse, you'll be given the option to "Retake" the Health Check upon navigating to the Programs tab in your VP portal. It is possible to retake the Health Check on some mobile devices by first viewing your results and then scrolling down and selecting "Retake."
There are many fun ways to connect Virgin Pulse to your wellbeing goals!
Set your interests so you are given inspirational and informational daily cards to read. Choose meaningful Healthy Habits so you can track your progress toward a goal. Complete a program in Journeys to help guide you through a goal. Learn how to choose foods for your eating style. Connect an activity tracker. The list goes on.
Start here! The options below are our favorite ways to engage with the platform and earn points this quarter:
Why Join Virgin Pulse?
All eligible participants are encouraged to conduct an annual screening so they stay on track with their wellness goals. Though, no financial incentive will be offered for screenings this year (the reward dollars have been re-allocated to Virgin Pulse, see below). We will not host on-campus screening events in 2020; we currently plan to resume On-Campus Health Screenings in 2021 (Details TBD).
- Option One: WorkHealth Athens Clinic. We encourage all eligible employees/spouses/partners at all campuses to use OhioHealth Castrop, WorkHealth Athens Clinic (3rd Floor Castrop Center) for screenings at no cost.
- Screening appointments will begin on September 8, 2020 and conclude on December 31, 2020. Please note that WorkHealth will be closed certain dates during that window due to holidays. Please plan accordingly.
- Due to safety precautions with COVID-19, appointments are required and can be scheduled by calling 614-566-WORK (9675).
- Can't make it during regular business hours? We have a special evening option on October 14 from 6:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.! Please call the above number to schedule your appointment.
- Option Two: Physician Screening Form. Have your primary care physician (PCP) conduct an annual screening, including a blood panel. Ensure your PCP knows to code the visit as a preventive exam so you don't pay for the screening. If your appointment does not qualify as a preventive exam, we recommend utilizing Option One above and then sharing your results with your PCP.
- Note: September screening events have been canceled at all Regional campuses. We currently are planning for in-person Regional screenings in Spring 2021 (details TBD, as safety protocols at that time allow).
Download your Physician Screening Form or schedule your Appointment at Athens WorkHealth Clinic right now by selecting one of the options below:
*Costs associated with screenings: While preventive care within the Anthem network is covered at 100%, services that are outside of the Anthem network and/or not classified as preventive care are subject to cost sharing. Please discuss the status of your visit with your physician's office. If your appointment cannot be classified as a Preventive Exam due to pre-existing conditions, we recommend scheduling your appointment at OhioHealth WorkHealth Athens, Castrop Center.