Majors Fair highlights
Nearly a thousand students, representing all majors and colleges, participated in the annual Majors Fair, held on Wednesday, October 2, 2019 in the Baker University Center Ballroom.
Majors Fair 2020
11 am - 3 pm
Details on how to participate (in-person or virtual) will be released closer to the event date.
All undergraduate students interested in learning more about Ohio University's academic majors, minors, and certificates are invited to attend the Majors Fair. The Majors Fair provides students with an opportunity to meet faculty, professional advisors, and students connected to each major, minor, and certificate program, to discuss their questions and interests.
How to get the most out of attending the Majors Fair:
- Prepare a list of majors/minors you are interested in pursuing and be sure to visit the tables representing those specific programs at the Majors Fair.
- Think about...
What courses interest you?
What possible careers interest you?
- Be prepared to ask questions at the Majors Fair!
What are the required courses for this major?
Is there a minimum GPA required to be accepted into the major?
Are there departmental/professional associations I should join if I select this major?
What jobs do Ohio University graduates obtain with this degree?
Will a bachelor's degree in this major prepare me for a job in this field, or will I need to pursue a graduate degree?
What to do after the Majors Fair:
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor in order to discuss how to change your major, should you decide to do so.
- To continue exploring your options, schedule an appointment with an advisor in the Allen Student Advising Center at 740-566-8888.
- Ask your advisor to help you run a "What If DARS" report to determine how your courses will count in a different major.
- Contact the Career and Leadership Development Center to learn more about how your skills, interests, and abilities relate with your choice of major and career.
We hope you will choose to participate again in fall 2020. Your participation in the Majors Fair not only helps our students with what is certainly one of the most important decisions of their lives, but can also assist you in any efforts you are making in the areas of advising, recruitment, and retention. Undergraduate Admissions arranges for prospective first-year and transfer students and their parents to attend the Majors Fair, along with current students from every major and college and undecided students.
See you at the Majors Fair!
All photos by Joel Prince/Ohio University