TAS 4340 PBC
TAS 4340—Applied Leadership in the Workplace
Three Semester Hours
University Requisite: None
This course allows students to complete a behavioral self-examination of their leadership styles and understand how to apply that style in a successful manner in the workplace.
Methods of Course Instruction
All material for this course is print-based. Instructor and students communicate and exchange materials through postal mail.
In this course, an option exists to use e-mail to submit your lesson assignments. Your assignment will be returned to you either as an e-mail attachment or as a hard copy sent through the postal mail, depending on the preferences of the instructor and/or program.
Textbooks and Supplies
- Oeltjenbruns, J. (2015). Rafu: An African Journey. CreateSpace Independent Publishing: Charleston, SC. [ISBN: 9781507746141]
- Gordon, J. (2007). The Energy Bus. Wiley: Hoboken, NJ. [ISBN: 9780470100288]
Number of Lessons
The course has six lessons. These lessons include:
- Lesson 1: Review of Leadership Resources
- Lesson 2: Leadership Analysis
- Lesson 3: Leadership Action Plan
- Lesson 4: Reflection on Texts
- Lesson 5: Leadership vs. Management Video
- Lesson 6: Leadership Graphic
Types of Writing Assignments
To do the writing assignments well, you need first to complete the reading assignments and have a good understanding of all new concepts, definitions, etc.
Handwritten assignments are acceptable for some assignments, but the preferred method is a typed assignment, double-spaced using 12-point font and one-inch margins. As with all assignments, good grammar and standard written English are essential.
Your final grade will be determined by your grades on the submitted assignments as follows:
- Lesson 1: Review of Leadership Resources — 200 points
- Lesson 2: Leadership Analysis — 100 points
- Lesson 3: Leadership Action Plan — 200 points
- Lesson 4: Reflection on Texts — 200 points
- Lesson 5: Leadership vs. Management Video — 200 points
- Lesson 6: Leadership Graphic — 100 points
- Total — 1,000 points
Note: Lesson 5 has an alternative assignment for those without access to technology.