Search within:

Print-Based Education Cost

All tuition and financial aid information for print-based and Correctional Education students can be seen on the Bursar's Office Tuition and Fees page, under "eCampus Undergraduate Tuition."

Bursar's Office Tuition and Fees


Correctional Education Students


For Correctional Education students, the prices listed on the Bursar's Office Tuition and Fees page includes the tuition, instructional materials, course guides, shipping costs, and all materials for each course. Correctional Education students must pay all tuition and fees at the time of enrollment when an invoice is received.

If payment for tuition is received by the 21st day of the month, the student's effective start date will be the first day of the next month. If payment is received the 22nd day through the last day of the month, the student's effective start date will skip a month. For example a payment received January 1–21, gives the student an effective start date of February 1. A payment received January 22–31 gives the student an effective start date of March 1.

A student services fee is added to courses at the rate of $3.00 per credit hour, not to exceed $33.00 for multiple courses taken in one registration. This is a University-wide fee that applies to all course registrations, whether campus-based or distance learning.

The current tuition and fee information is always available on the Office of the Bursar's Tuition and Fees page. View the current year’s eCampus information to see Correctional Education tuition and fees. All prices are subject to change by approval of the Ohio University Board of Trustees.

Financial Aid

There is no financial aid available for students incarcerated in state or federal facilities. The federal legislation precludes incarcerated students from qualifying for Federal Direct Loans. Students in state or federal correctional facilities are ineligible to receive Pell Grant Funding or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant. In limited circumstances, students in local, county, or juvenile justice facilities may be eligible for a partial Federal Pell grant if they remain in such a facility at the time they are enrolled in courses.

Some students have sought aid for tuition costs from charitable, civic, church, or professional groups. When a group understands the benefit of education for an incarcerated student, it may be willing to offer some assistance, even if on a limited basis. Locating such aid is not easy. Please be sure that such solicitation of aid is permitted by the student's correctional institution.

Veterans Affairs Education Benefits

Students with Veteran Affairs (VA) education benefits (either for themselves or as a dependent) who have been admitted to the University as a degree-seeking student may apply for educational benefits. Because the VA does not consider print-based students to be full-time students, the benefit award normally will cover only tuition and fees (textbooks) associated with the course enrollment. VA benefits cannot be applied to course credit by examination. Students must be admitted as degree-seeking to use VA benefits.

If a student has been notified of eligibility to receive VA education benefits, then he or she should send a copy of the Certificate of Eligibility, which shows approval for VA benefits, to the veterans coordinator. If VA education benefits have not been awarded, students may request a VA benefit application form from the veterans coordinator.

VA Educational Benefits