Keeping Bobcats informed, January 13, 2021
CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT CENTER
It's Up To You – Get Involved.
- Create a profile on Bobcat Connect.
- Submit your interests through the Involvement Calculator (click the forms tab).
- Watch your email for your five best-matched organizations.
“College connections last a lifetime, but first you have to seek them out and put yourself out there.” – Ian Carter, Student Senate President
RETURNING TO CAMPUS?
Dig through old board games, load up your hard drive with movies, and bring your favorite console to prepare for small gatherings with new roommates and friends.
KNOW YOUR RESOURCES
COUNSELING & PSYCHOLOGICAL SERVICES
From peer-to-peer discussions to professional counseling or group-based workshops, there are virtual resources at OHIO to support your mental well-being.
Counseling & Psychological Services >
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT CENTER
Tutoring & Academics
All students can access free academic assistance online, including writing and supplemental instruction for historically challenging courses.
Academic Achievement Center >
FIRST-YEAR STUDENT RETENTION & TRANSITIONS
Connect In-Person with Your Peers
Do you feel anxious about navigating the on-campus environment this spring? Register for UC 1500, a student transition seminar that meets in-person with 10 students every week to create a safe, social environment and connection point to campus resources. Email email@example.com to sign up before the course begins on Jan. 25.
COVID OPERATIONS & PUBLIC HEALTH COMMUNICATION
Give Us Your Feedback
In order to make COVID-19 messages as responsive and collaborative as possible, we need to hear from students and parents about your needs. Share your perspective during upcoming online focus groups. Complete the intake questionnaire to sign up.
Jan. 18-22 Welcome Back Bobcats!
- MLK Jr. Celebration - Commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. Day beginning at 9:45 a.m.
- MLK Silent March - Join virtually to honor Dr. King at 10:30 a.m.
- Erin Michelle/ Whiskey & Wine - Virtual performance starts at 8 p.m.
- MLK: Self-Care & Activism - Fight for social justice while taking care of yourself, starting at noon.
- Lara Beitz - Hop on Twitch for a laugh starting at 8 p.m.
- Megan Wren - Join the virtual performance at 8 p.m.
- Say Her Name - Join this support community for oppressed populations and their allies at noon.
- Wednesday Night Live - Kathryn Krull will entertain beginning at 8 pm.
- Moe Yaqub - Night two of comedy begins at 8 p.m.
- MLK: Promoting Activism - Join one of three Zoom workshops at 5:30 p.m.
- Myq Kaplan - The welcome back comedy series continues at 8 p.m.
- Rachel Figley - Live performance on Zoom starting at 8 p.m.
- MLK: Performances - Watch community arts performances at noon.
- MLK: Trivia Night - Test your civil rights knowledge at 6 p.m.
- Ryan O'Conner - The final night of comedy starts at 8 p.m.
- Host a game night - Virtual engagement is the new normal, embrace it and connect with others online.
STUDENT FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIPS
FAFSA Priority Deadline Jan. 15
The first priority consideration date for Federal Student Aid is days away. Read more about what this means and connect to your application through Student Financial Aid & Scholarships.
Required modules for first- and third-year students due Jan. 18
AlcoholEDU & EVERFI >
OHIO COVID-19 Dashboard
Check current case counts >
Daily assessments are required for all coming to campus
Take the daily symptom checker >
What to do if you test positive
Review protocols for COVID-19 >