Search within:

Transient Study

Students who wish to take classes at another institution and transfer those credits to Ohio University toward degree completion can request approval for Transient Study. The institution you plan to attend during your transient study is referred to as the Host Institution which Ohio University remains your home institution. The first step in the process is to meet with your academic advisor to determine if the courses you plan to take at the Host Institution will be accepted at Ohio University and apply toward your degree completion. If you and your academic advisor determine these courses will meet your degree requirements, you should complete the Transient Study Agreement to request use of your financial aid from Ohio University to pay the expenses at the Host Institution. This form will need completed by yourself, your academic advisor, the Host Institution, and the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships. 

The completed Transient Study Agreement can be returned to the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarship by mail, fax, or e-mail. Your pending financial aid will apply to your Ohio University account once the courses at the Host Institution begin and your enrollment has been confirmed. If you have any charges at Ohio University, they will be paid first. All remaining aid will be refunded to you. If you haven't signed up for Direct Deposit, you can do so by visiting the Office of the Bursar website. You are responsible for using these funds to pay your expenses at your Host institution. 

Only federal financial aid can be used for transient study. Ohio University scholarships and state aid cannot be utilized. You must submit a transcript from the Host Institution to Undergraduate Admissions within one month of the close of your semester at the Host Institution. If you have questions, please contact our office.