International Women's Art Installation
International Women's Art Installation (IWAI)
Next Installation Happening Spring 2022! Continue to follow this website for upcoming details!
The Women's Center and Office of Global Affairs invite you to help us create the third immersive installation of women's experiences to celebrate, and advocate for, women's lives around the world. We hope this installation creates an environment of inclusion but also provides an opportunity for international students to offer the narrative of what is shared about their countries.
The purpose of International Women’s Day is to globally celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women, as well as to work towards equality in areas that are still inequitable. When considering your submission, please ensure you are speaking from your own experience and not assuming you understand the experiences of others. For example, for a research perspective do not project your thoughts onto someone else and do not create a quote that one would attribute to a person who has had experiences not your own if it is not a real quote (if using direct quotes, be sure to cite the author). With this in mind, submissions for the installation fall under the following themes:
- Girlhood & Representations of Girlhood around the World
- Body Image
- Women in the Media (literary, film, television, and music)
- Violence Against Women
- Women & War
- Women and Body & Women and Health (menstruation, maternal health, cancer, health inequities, women and disability)
- Say Her Name
- The Intersection of Gender with LGBTQ Identities
- The Intersection of Gender with Race and Ethnic Identities
- Women in the Workplace
- Women & Leadership
- Women in Protest Movements
- Women & Poverty
- Women & Immigration
- Women Leaders & Role Models
- Success Stories of Women's Rights Achieved or Moments that Capture Resiliency
- Women's Suffrage (2020 is the centennial of the 19th amendment! This category can include histories of racism and suffrage)
For questions, please call the Women’s Center at (740) 593-9625 or email at email@example.com. This installation is open to all interested and everyone is encouraged to participate.