Give Back to the LGBT Center
If you would like to support our LGBT Center through a donation, below are two giving opportunities to consider:
- The Wayne Hadley Travel Award:
- This scholarship is awarded twice-annually to undergraduate LGBTQ+ students participating in curricular travel experiences, including study abroad opportunities, service trips, and academic conferences.
- Initiated in 2013 by OHIO alum John R. Corlett, this award is named in honor of John's friend and freshman hall mate Wayne Hadley (’81), who passed away from AIDS-related causes in 1992. Wayne, who was an elementary school teacher from Cincinnati, Ohio, was active in the national AIDS healing movement and came out as gay during his time at Ohio University.
- To celebrate this memory, the Wayne Hadley Travel Award provides "financial support to [LGBTQ+] students who can often face ostracism from their parents and families because of the decision to come out.”
- Tom and Jan Hodson Emergency Student Support Fund:
- Retired Honors Tutorial College Assistant Dean Jan Hodson and her husband Tom Hodson, current WOUB Public Media General Manager started this fund in response to interactions with students trying to come to grips with their own sexual and gender identities as well as fears related to telling their families.
- The fund was created to offer support to LGBT students who experience financial hardship or crisis after coming out to their families and being cut off, making it difficult for them to continue their education or pay their rent.
If you have questions about the process or require assistance, contact the Office of Annual Giving at 800-592-3863 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support! If you have any questions and/or would like to explore other opportunities to be a part of the LGBT Center, contact Micah McCarey at email@example.com or 740-593-2515.