Diversity Opportunity Hire Fund
Ohio University strives to develop a climate that represents and embraces different cultures. Through the support of the Diversity Opportunity Hire Fund, the University can employ highly qualified individuals who will bring unique contributions and perspectives, from their personal experiences, to our community. This enhances the University's ability to provide its students with relevant experiences to positively excel in our increasingly diverse and complex society.
The Opportunity Hire funds are best situated for colleges/departments that do not currently have funding resources for additional positions within their area. The new position must fit within the area’s strategic plan for growth and be fully funded by the college/department within two years.
This fund is not intended to support individuals in the Dual Career Network (DCN); however, positions are occasionally funded for spouses/partners as long as hiring is in line with the funding guidelines. University Human Resources (UHR) maintains a Dual Career Network, designed to help partners of new employees in networking and locating employment opportunities in the Athens area. If interested in the DCN opportunity, please visit UHR’s site at: Dual Career Network
Funding will be provided at 75% of the combined salary and benefits, up to $75,000 for year one and 50% of the combined salary and benefits, up to $50,000 for year two.
Funds may also be used to support a one-year position, such as a Teaching Fellow or a Visiting Professor, as long as the hire is in line with the Diversity Opportunity Hire guidelines. If individuals supported through these funds leave the University or transfer to another position within the University, all future funds committed will revert back to the funding pool.
Funding Request Form Requirements:
- Rationale statement as to how the applicant brings unique contributions and perspectives, from their personal experiences, to their area.
- Rationale statement as to how this position will fit within the area’s strategic plan for growth.
- Justification plan as to how the position will be fully funded within two years.
- Proposed applicant's resume/CV
- For Faculty Positions:
- Letter of recommendation and support from the college dean
- Teaching, Research and Service Requirements
- For Classified/Administrative Positions:
- Letter of recommendation and support from the division head
- Position description and Compensation results
*For preparation purposes, please note that all required documentation above must be uploaded in PDF format at the time of Funding Request Form submission. In addition, you will need the applicants name, proposed salary and benefit information for submission. Any request without all required materials will not be considered for review.
Once request and additional materials have been submitted, materials will be reviewed by the Diversity Opportunity Hire committee, in which the committee has two weeks to approve or deny each request in writing.