Council of Employees and Staff of African Descent (COESAD)
COESAD is an informal volunteer group geared towards faculty, staff, and graduate students of African descent at Ohio University. While there is not a formal meeting schedule, COESAD hosts various themed events throughout the year at both lunch and dinner times on various days, to accommodate schedules for all faculty and staff. Programming covers a wide array of events and typically includes a Welcome Roundup in early fall and end of the year celebration in spring; supporting other campus events such as the BAR (Black Alumni Reunion), MLK Celebration, Women’s Appreciation Dinner hosted by the Women’s Center; and additional community service and engagement opportunities throughout the year.
An informal volunteer group geared towards faculty, staff, and graduate students of color at Ohio University to provide a safe space for articulating employee workplace concerns.
Social Unwinding Group
- Share experiences whether good or bad
Network of Support
- Career development
- Mentor and support student organizations
- Engage and support the offices under the Division of Diversity and Inclusion
Self - Education
- Faculty/staff speak in their content area
- Doctoral student dissertation support
- Athens County of Zion Baptist Church Preservation Society
- Multicultural Genealogical Center (Chester Hill, OH)
We are excited to have you as a member of the Bobcat family. Please feel free to reach out to our network and learn more about our events by contacting Dr. Micah McCarey at firstname.lastname@example.org.