ALAANA+ Women's Leadership Cohort
2023-2024 ALAANA+ Women's Leadership Cohort (AWLC)
The ALAANA+ Women's Leadership Cohort (AWLC) is an initiative through the Ohio University Women’s Center. ALAANA+, in this context, stands for African American/African/Black, Latina/Latinx, Asian American/Asian, Arab/Middle Eastern, Native American, and all multicultural people.
The 2023-2024 ALAANA+ Women's Leadership Cohort will meet weekly. Interested in learning more?
This cohort leadership opportunity is geared towards first- and second-year multicultural women, but open to anyone who feels a program of this nature would align with their professional development and goals, providing them with a community to:
Discover and explore your leadership!
Find support when starting a new school year!
Build skills that help you succeed!
Have fun with a group of incredible people!
Previous AWLC Sessions and Topics:
- "Define your Leadership Style & Goal Setting"
- Identify, challenge, and manage barriers to women of color’s full participation in leadership
- Tackling Imposter Syndrome
- "You Gotta Network to Get Work": Networking Tips and Tricks
- "Situating Self: Exploring Identities and Bolstering Resiliency in Unfair Systems"
- "Future President: How to Become Involved with Student Leadership on Campus"
- "Stress Management, Wellness, and Self-Care"
- Graduation celebration for participants
Skills that AWLC participants will cultivate over the course of the academic year through participation in the program include: networking, conflict-resolution, public speaking and sharing within a group, reflection strategies, resource cultivation, and self-advocacy. The Cohort is focused on creating community while simultaneously offering individualized personal and professional development meant to empower participants to become connected to the OHIO campus community and its plethora of resources and experiences. Everyone regardless of race or gender is welcome and encouraged to apply.