Sports Nutrition Certificate
The Sports Nutrition Certificate at Ohio University provides the cumulative education and skills training to equip students to provide sound sports nutrition information to their clients. Completing the certificate will help graduates to be more competitive in the workforce as they provide nutrition education to their clients in the collegiate, recreational, high school, performing arts and military arena.
The Sports Nutrition Certificate requires a minimum of 22 hours.
Core Course Requirement:
Complete one of the following:
- EXPH 3010 Foundations of Exercise Physiology 3 credits
- EXPH 4140 Physiology of Exercise 3 credits
- EXPH 4170 Clinical Exercise Physiology for Nursing 3 credits
Core Courses in Nutrition:
Complete the following:
- NUTR 1000 Introduction to Nutrition 3 credits
- NUTR 3000 Nutrient Metabolism 3 credits (Fall)
- NUTR 3230 Fundamentals of Nutrition for Athletic and Physical Performance 3 credits (Summer)
- NUTR 4900 Special Topics in Nutrition 3 credits
Complete two of the following courses from different disciplines:
*AT 1001, AT 1002, COED 2120, DANC 1700, EXPH 1490, EXPH 2490, HLTH 2000, NUTR 2100, PHIL 2310, PSY 2210, PSY 2710, PSY 3250, PSY 3510, REC 2010, REC 3130, REC 4210, SASM 3010, SASM 3500, SOC 2320
*Consult your course catalog for details about these courses, and feel free to contact Jen Yoder-Clevidence at email@example.com for other inquiries.