Application and Admission Procedures
Requirements for all Applicants for Admission
- Completed a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Provide a verification statement, confirming completion of Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) coursework from a program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND)
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.7, with a 3.0 on the final 90 hours
- Apply by submitting the application packet using the Centralized Application System
- Apply to the Ohio University Graduate School after being matched to Ohio University by D&D Digital and accepting your match
Centralized Application System
The Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS) online application will be utilized. Please visit their website for addition details on the application process.
When submitting your application you will be asked to provide:
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts - from all colleges and universities.
- A Personal Statement - this statement should not be more than 500 words and should address why you are a good fit for the Ohio University Combined Master of Science and Dietetic Internship program. Please also highlight your areas of strength and areas for improvement.
Please note: All of the above documentation will be submitted/mailed directly to DICAS. Please visit their website for submission details.
Internship selection will take place utilizing the D&D Digital computer matching. Please visit their website for registration and matching selection deadlines.
Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. In-person interviews are encouraged, however applicants from outside Ohio may arrange online interviews if needed.
Graduate School Application
Applicants do not need to apply to the Ohio University Graduate School until after they are matched to Ohio University through D&D Digital and have accepted their match. Details on how to apply to the graduate school will be provided after match acceptance.