Ph.D., Kansas University
Research & Specialization
- Group Work in the Classroom: women in Prison—their pathways to criminology; the etiology of their criminology; health care provided to incarcerated women; gender-neutral and gender-specific theories of female criminality; the spirituality of women prisoners; gender-neutral and gender-specific program needs of women prisoners
- SOC 1000 Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 2000 Contemporary Social Problems
- SOC 2200 Introduction to the Family
- SOC 2310 Sociology of Health & Health Care
- SOC 2610 Deviant Behavior
- SOC 3310 Class and Inequality
- SOC 3600 Criminology
- SOC 3650 Sociology of Mental Illness
- SOC 3930 Readings in Sociology
- SOC 4710 Gender and Justice
Proctor, Janice and Bumgardner, Tiffany (2016) “Transitioning from Traditional Courses to Technologically Supported Classrooms,” Number 62 of IDEA Papers, November 2016.
Proctor, Janice (2009). “The Imprisonment Insights of Female Inmates: Identity & Cognitive Shifts for Existing a Criminal Lifestyle,” Justice Policy Journal Volume 6, Number 1, Spring 2009.
Proctor, Janice. (2009). “The Impact Imprisonment has on Women’s Health and Health Car from the Perspective of Inmates in Kansas,” Women and Criminal Justice Volume19, Number 1, January-March 2009.