Physics Machine Shop
We are professional toolmakers specializing in high-quality experimental research apparatuses. Our technicians are happy to take on various designing, machining, fabricating, or assembling projects.
- Design: Mastercam X2.
- Fabrication: GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, Ultrasonic Welding
- Precision Machining: CNC & Conventional Capable, EDM Sinker
- Maintenance: Pump rebuilding & Chiller Service,
- Finishing: Anodize Aluminum, also Gold, Copper & Nickel Plating
Equipment?The Ohio University Machine Shop is equipped with high-precision machine tools for virtually any machining, fabrication or assembly projects.
- Haas CNC Mill
- Haas CNC Lathe
- Vertical and horizontal milling machines, Elox EDM, manual lathes, complete wood shop
These are samples of our previous projects that we have had the pleasure to work on. All links go to images and quick descriptions of different devices created in shop.
The Physics Machine Shop is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Mechanical System Technicians
Doug Shafer: email@example.com
Michael Myers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Physics & Astronomy
Clippinger Laboratories 001
Athens, OH 45701