Physics & Astronomy Giving Opportunities
Thank you for considering a gift to the Physics & Astronomy Department. The department is truly enriched by your support, which can provide things like scholarships, books, travel funds, research support, and visiting speakers. Our greatest need is for undergraduate scholarships, but we welcome gifts to support any area.
Below is a list of current funds you can support today with an online gift.
- Flexible support for the department’s most pressing needs that can be used right away
- An endowed fund that supports the department’s most pressing needs with sustainable, long-term funding, this fund was established by professors Wright and Rollins.
- Providing support for unusual expenses for graduate students like emergency funds, travel funds, special appointments, awards, etc., this was established by Professors Ernst Breitenberger and Louis Wright.
- Designed to enrich the undergraduate experience of physics majors.
- Created to honor Professor Sanford, this fund provides general support for the Astronomy program.
Supports students with financial need and encourages scientific research. Established with a bequest from Distinguisher Professor John Edwards.
- This fund was initiated by Professor Jim Shipman and Will Konneker '47 M.S. and provides the department’s primary support for incoming first year students.
- Endowed scholarship from Dr. Jeanette Grasselli-Brown in memory of her brother who was a physics student.
- Undergraduate scholarship in memory of Abhishek Singh.
- Endowed by family and friends in memory of Professor Darrell Huwe, the scholarship is preferentially given to students from a rural background with financial need.
- Scholarship for graduate students within the department
- Supports undergraduate research at the Edwards Accelerator Laboratory.
- Provides general support for the Institute of Nuclear and Particle Physics.
- Supports the work of the Nanoscale and Quantum Phenomena Institute (NQPI).
If you have questions about giving or if you have interest in establishing a new fund to support the department, please contact:
Senior Director of Development