Scholarships for Continuing Students in Physics & Astronomy
Scholarships are available for undergraduate students in Physics & Astronomy.
- Scholarship Form [Word] (.doc version)
- Scholarship Form [PDF] (.pdf version)
The Department of Physics & Astronomy offers a number of scholarships to advanced students. These include:
- John E. Edwards Fellowship Endowment
- Lela A. Ewers Science Scholarship
- Robert P. Gecsy Physics Scholarship
- Darrell Otto Huwe scholarship
- Abhishek Singh Scholarship
- C. Paul and Beth K. Stocker Scholarship
- Distinguished Professor Scholarships
Selection is based on academic performance at Ohio University. Over the past year, the average GPA of student receiving departmental scholarship has been 3.5. At a lesser level, documented need is also considered. The results of the FAFSA along with the estimated cost of attendance determines whether a student has financial need. Refer to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships web page to document your need. The departmental awards are completely separate from the university financial aid office ones, and both types of award are not mutually exclusive. In fact, the department's most successful students received both kinds of awards simultaneously. The departmental awards range from $500 up to full tuition.