English Graduate Courses & Resources
- Associated Writing Programs
- American Association of University Professors
- Modern Language Association
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- International Writing Centers Association Page
- Outline of American Literature—A good source to direct students to for overviews of periods in American literature
- theory.org.uk—identity, queer theory, Butler, Foucault, Adorno & Gramsci, Giddens, etc.
- Modern & Contemporary Poetry—A comprehensive, alphabetically-arranged, hyperlinked glossary of poets,poems, poetic movements, poetic terms, etc.
- Modern American Poetry—alphabetically-arranged links to poets; poet pages included excerpts of criticism on individual works, biographical info, info on movement(s) or period(s) poet is most commonly associated with
- Bartleby.com: Great Books Online—Free full text of great books online ... everything from Shakespeare to Stein ... and reference books, too
- Electronic Poetry Center—info, criticism, and poems by and about contemporary poets
- Perseus Digital Library—A collection of online texts, strong in Greek and Latin texts (in the original and in translation). With additional reference material and occasional online exhibits.
- Creative Nonfiction Online—Creative Nonfiction journal
- Fulbright Scholars Program—Current Fulbright Scholars Program application information
- Office of Nationally Competitive Awards, Ohio University—Information and assistance on nationally competitive awards, including Rhodes Scholarships, Gates-Cambridge Scholarships, and Marshall Scholarships (especially useful for MA students considering PhD work in England).