Giving Opportunities in the English Department
The English Department's current fundraising priorities include:
- Support for the Spring Literary Festival and the New Ohio Review magazine, heightening the status of the department while providing hands-on opportunities for our students to engage with authors and writers, and participate in research.
- Funds to support our faculty and students in research and writing.
- Support for a visiting professor
Below is a list of current funds you can support today with an online gift.
- Provides broad support for the department's most pressing needs.
- Ensures that the study of Shakespeare remains a vital experience for Ohio University students.
- Provides funding for the English Department to invite an important figure in literary studies to campus for a lecture and meeting with faculty and students.
- Supports activities associated with the New Ohio Review magazine.
- Provides support to produce the Quarter After Eight literary journal.
Undergraduate Student Support
- Scholarship awarded to full-time undergraduate students majoring in any area within the Department of English.
- Scholarship awarded to students majoring in English, who are residents of Athens County, Ohio.
- Scholarship awarded to an incoming Ohio University freshman student intending to major in English Education.
- Scholarship awarded to Ohio Residents majoring in English.
- Provides scholarship for students majoring in English.
- Awarded to offset study abroad travel expenses for students with either a major or minor in English.
- Scholarship awarded to students enrolled in the Honors Tutorial College, who major in English.
- Provides scholarships to English majors who are entering their senior year.
- Essay contest providing an undergraduate English major with an opportunity to earn scholarship.
- Scholarship providing support to undergraduate students majoring in English.
- Provides scholarships for students who are enrolled in the College of Arts & Sciences.
Graduate Student Support
- Fund awarded to a graduate student in the Department of English as an aid to student for doing graduate research.
- Aids graduate students In the English Department by supporting travel and research expenses.
- Supports activities in the English Department that directly benefit graduate students
- Awarded to graduate students whose major area of study is English literature.
- Scholarship earned by an M.A or Ph.D. graduate student focusing on critical writing.
- Provides professorship to tenured members of the literature facility in the Department of English.
- Professorship recognizing an outstanding creative writing professor in the English Department.
If you have questions about giving or if you have interest in establishing a new fund, please contact:
Director of Development