Bentley Annex 447
- Ph.D. in History from the University of Texas at Austin
- M.A. in History from the University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. in History and Geography from the University of Kansas
- The Future of the Great Game: Sir Olaf Caroe, India’s Independence, and the Defense of Asia (University of Akron Press, 2005).
- “‘No Scope for Arms Control’: Strategy, Geography, and Naval Limitations in the Indian Ocean in the 1970s,” in Strategy and the Sea: Essays in Honour of John B. Hattendorf edited by N. A. M. Rodger, J. Ross Dancy, Benjamin Darnell, and Evan Wilson (Boydell and Brewer, 2016).
- “Great Game Redux: The United States, Europe, and Gulf Security in the Late Cold War,” in European-American Relations in the Middle East: From Suez to Iraq edited by Daniel Möckli and Victor Mauer (Routledge, 2011).
- Additional articles, essays, and reviews include contributions to Middle Eastern Studies, Geopolitics, Commonwealth and Comparative Politics, Orbis, and The Journal of Military History among other journals and edited compilations.
- Current book project examines great power competition and maritime strategy in the Indian Ocean during the Cold War.
- HIST 1220: Western Civilization in Modern Times
- HIST 2210: Maritime Empires in World History
- HIST 3330: Oil, the Persian Gulf, and World Power
- HIST 3790: History of Sea Power (since 1890)
- HIST 3792: History of Secret Intelligence (UK/US)
- HIST 3865: Churchill’s Britain
- HIST 3866: History and Strategy of Afghan Wars
- HIST 3867: Rise of the British Empire
- HIST 3868: Decline and Fall of the British Empire
- HIST 6903: Colloquium in European History
- CH 6010: Introduction to Contemporary History