Fall Arrival Guide
We can’t wait to welcome you to OHIO this fall! Even on a campus as wonderful as ours, move-in day can sometimes feel overwhelming. Here’s what you need to know: where to go, when to be there and what to bring.
Bobcat tip: You should also receive a personalized print summary of this guide in the mail this summer, which lists your assigned arrival date and time, residence hall and room number, and other helpful resources. Bring it with you on move-in day so you can keep that info handy!
Before You Arrive: Prepare for Move-In Day
- Check your OHIO email for important move-in updates.
- Look up your room dimensions and layout.
- Log into Housing Self Service using your unique ID to see your move-in date and time, and complete your vaccination information form.
- Review what to bring and not to bring checklist.
- As you pack your vehicle, remember that not all halls have elevators. Moving dollies are highly recommended.
- Make a plan. Who are you bringing along to help move you in? Choose who will do each task to make for a smooth experience. Make sure the driver understands that there will be 30 minutes to unload the vehicle, before they move to an approved guest parking area and rejoin you.
- Explore the resource list on this page for more information on parking, residence halls and more.
As You Arrive: Check In
- As your family unloads the car in the 30 minute unloading area at your residence hall, go to your residence hall to complete the paperwork needed to receive your room keys.
- Not sure where to go? Follow the signs or look for any OHIO staffer or move-in volunteer. We’re here to help!
After You Arrive: Settle In
- Meet your new roommate(s)!
- Explore your room, floor and residence hall.
- Thank your arrival team and say “see you soon!”
- Ask a roommate or hall neighbor to join you for lunch! Dining halls open for Fall Semester on Thursday of Arrival week.
- Complete your room condition report (RCR) and roommate agreement online.
- Unpack and enjoy your new space!
- Don’t forget to attend Freshman Convocation, Student Involvement Fair and all our fun Welcome Week events designed to help you settle in and make OHIO feel like home.
Information on Future Residence Hall Closings, Openings, and Breaks
Still Have Questions?
If you can’t find what you need here, contact Housing and Residence Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or call or text them at 740.593.4090. A friendly OHIO staffer or student leader will connect with you quickly to make sure you get the information you need.