Fall 2021 OHIO Scholarship Awards
Coming soon! We are redesigning our scholarship program, including a generous set of scholarships and grants. The fall 2021 OHIO scholarship program will recognize the excellent achievements and contributions of the incoming first-year class.
To honor and assist our students in accordance with the University's twin missions of excellence and access, OHIO's approach to financial aid and scholarships includes generous merit-based scholarships, supportive need-based grants, and awards that blend both merit- and need-based criteria.
All first-year students who are new to the Athens campus of Ohio University in fall 2021 are eligible for consideration for scholarships at OHIO. The application for admission serves as the application for merit-based scholarships. Fall 2021 first-year students with complete applications by the Early Action deadline of November 15, 2020, will be considered automatically. Eligibility is based on the following:
- Academic merit as demonstrated by strength of curriculum and cumulative high school grade point average.
- The high school GPA (weighted or unweighted) received by Ohio University by January 15, 2021. OHIO may continue to award using updated credentials on an individual basis throughout the year.
- Either the highest composite ACT or combined SAT total from any test date received by Ohio University by January 15, 2021, if students choose to submit standardized test scores as part of the application for admission. Students who do not submit a test score will be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- Contributions made to the academic, demographic, or geographic diversity of the Ohio University community.
- For need-based awards, financial need, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) results received in the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships by the first priority date of January 15, 2021. Students will be considered on a rolling basis after the first priority date.