Strategic Transfer Education Plan (STEP)
The Strategic Transfer Educational Plan or STEP is a partnership between participating community colleges and Ohio University that is designed to provide an advantage to current and future students from those colleges who are planning to earn bachelor's degrees at OHIO. Program participants plan for a successful transfer to OHIO through advising activities, social and cultural opportunities, and satisfying academic requirements.
Students who participate in Ohio University's STEP will receive the following benefits:
- Guaranteed early admission to Ohio University, provided requirements are met
- Personal on-site transfer advising
- Degree planning to ensure timely graduation
- Ability to guarantee transfer and applicability of coursework toward OHIO degree
- Communication that will include transfer planning tips and information about campus news and events
- Financial savings and cost predictability at the University through The OHIO Guarantee. Through this initiative, students participating in STEP will lock in a four-year tuition, housing, dining, and fee rate prior to enrolling on the Athens campus!
To be eligible, students must be admitted to a participating community college partner and remain in good standing while enrolled.
Current or former Ohio University degree-seeking students are not eligible to participate.
Foundation Building: Students who opt-in to STEP will spend their first year or equivalent hours completing OHIO's general education requirements and/or associate degrees at the community college partner of their choice. During this time, students will complete a minimum of 30 semester hours with no fewer than 20 of those hours meeting OHIO general education equivalents. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.0. Credits earned while in high school as a College Credit Plus student or credits earned through test credit or other non-traditional methods can be used to fulfill degree requirements, including general education courses.
Academic Focus: When a student completes his or her 30-semester-hour requirement or associate degree as required for the online bachelor-completion programs, he or she can then officially apply to Ohio University and, at that time, choose a campus, major, and course delivery method. The student can choose to apply to any OHIO campus.
STEP Community College Partners
STEP is available to all students enrolled after high school at one of Ohio University's community college partners.
Request Information and Enroll in STEP
Fill out the information request form, and an Ohio University Community Partnership Manager will get in touch with you about STEP or contact Ohio University Undergraduate Admissions directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.593.4100.