Film Materials Submission
Because the School of Film considers artistic talent in the review process, you must submit supplemental materials for consideration to the program. Your submission of supplemental materials also serves as your application for talent-based scholarships.
College of Fine Arts Film and Honors Tutorial College Film applicants are required to submit at least one of the following items:
- Short essay
- Original screenplay
- Personal statement - should include the following:
- Personal story - Describe an event in your life and how it changed you or someone close to you. This event can be dramatic and/or comedic and can be major or minor. Ultimately, we are looking for evidence of your potential as a storyteller. Please do not write about why or what led you to pursue a degree in film and television production.
- Creative influences - How has a film, play, book, television series, painting, music, or other significant work of art inspired or influenced your own work or the way you look at the world?
- Artistic statement - Describe your artistic goals and aspirations.
- Link to your relevant work(s) - should include one or more of the following items:
- Short film(s) or clips of your work shot on film or video
- Still photos
- Written work (fiction, screenplay, essay)
- Hand-drawn sketches, paintings, or computer-aided drawings
- Photos of models, sculpture, or other 3-D work
- Elements of theatrical production
- Creative resume
- Should highlight your creative work, activities, and/or relevant employment.
- This resume is distinct from your academic resume and should focus on your artistic and creative endeavors.
- We also welcome information about any community service you've done or part-time jobs you've held. These do not have to be strictly creative if they illustrate and engagement with your community and/or a significant time commitment from you.
To submit materials to the School of Film, you must first apply to OHIO and then use your OHIO ID to log in to access the submission form. Visit our Application Status web page for instructions to activate your OHIO ID. For questions, please contact Undergraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740.593.4100.
If you have questions about what supplemental materials will be considered, please email Jessica Fox, assistant director of recruitment for the College of Fine Arts. For questions about the application process, please email Undergraduate Admissions.
Ohio University operates on a holistic, selective review and looks for evidence of academic preparation when reviewing applications for admission. Additionally, because the School of Film considers artistic talent in the review process, students pursuing certain academic programs must submit additional materials for admission and scholarship consideration. Ohio University and the School of Film do not discriminate against any applicants because of race, color, religion, age, national origin, ethnicity, national ancestry, sex, pregnancy, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, military service or veteran status, mental or physical disability, or genetic information.