Welcome to Ohio University Zanesville Veteran Services - We are here to help you get started on your journey through higher education. The first step is applying to the University. The next step is applying for benefits and then get your benefits started at Ohio University. If you are unsure as to which chapter you belong under, click the link below to locate your chapter. Please contact the Ohio University Zanesville Veteran Services with any questions or concerns via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 740.588.1433.
Admission for Veterans at Ohio University
- Step 1: Create an account to get started.
- Step 2: Using your new account information, complete the Application for Admission.
- Step 3: Request high school transcript be sent to Ohio University Zanesville or bring your GED certificate - complete with scores, to the Office of Student Services - 1425 Newark Rd., Zanesville, Ohio, 43701.
- Step 4: Request your Joint Service Transcript (for Army, Navy, or Marines) or US Air Force Academy (for Air Force) be sent to Ohio University Zanesville.
- Step 5: Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit the Ohio University Zanesville Financial Aid webpage for more detailed information.
- Step 6: Apply for your GI Bill by visiting the US Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Step 7: If you have taken the ACT or SAT, submit your scores to Ohio University Zanesville if you are still in high school or if you have been out of high school for less than a year.
- Step 8: The Office of Student Services will contact you regarding orientation dates and times after you have been admitted to the University. At orientation, you will meet with an academic advisor to plan your schedule and register for classes.
- Step 9: When you come to orientation, be sure to bring your VA certificate of eligibility and your DD Form 214.
- Step 10: After completing the orientation, fill out your Veterans Education Assistance File Card by logging into the system using your OHIO ID information.