VA Required Forms
The Veterans and Military Student Services Center requires the following documentation BEFORE we are able to submit your classes to the VA for certification and payment:
1. Certificate of Eligibility - received from the VA once the chapter benefit applied for has been approved
2. DD 214, Member #4 (if applicable)
3. Veterans Educational Assistance File Card (can be found on this website at the tab "File Card")
Below are the various applications/forms. Please read to determine which application you need to use. If you have any questions, please contact our office (740.566.VETS(8387)) for assistance.
VA 22-1990 Application for Education Benefits
- New applicants for all chapters except CH 35
VA 22-1990E Application for Education Benefits
- For Spouses/Dependents only!
VA 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- Students under all chapters, except CH 31 and CH 35, who are transferring VA benefits to/from Ohio University
VA 22-5490 Application for Survivors' and Dependents' Education Assistance
- New CH 35 applicants only!
VA 22-5495 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training
- Students under CH 35 who are transferring VA benefits to/from Ohio University
Select the appropriate link to obtain the forms listed below:
Ohio University Veterans Educational Assistance File Card
- All students using GI Bill® education benefits
- Veterans must notify the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Veterans Coordinator of any address change. If you are currently receiving benefits or have received benefits in the last year, the WAVE system can be used to update your address with the Department of Veterans Affairs. All Ohio University students using some type of VA education benefits are responsible for updating their address with the VA.