One-Year Master of Public Administration
Hands-On Learning to Advance Your Career
The Voinovich School’s traditional, campus-based Master of Public Administration (MPA) program is designed to provide students that don’t have substantial career experience with a sound combination of theoretical knowledge and applied learning necessary for employment in public, private and nonprofit organizations. OHIO’s MPA program prepares graduates to succeed in new frameworks and strategies to make valuable contributes to public, private, and nonprofit organizations. The MPA program introduces students to the fundamentals of public administration and policy, including public policy, public service, and technology learning and applications.
It’s a new world for public and nonprofit organizations. Leaders are faced with new challenges daily, requiring creative solutions and out-of-the-box thinking. Our MPA program provides graduates with a new framework and strategy to succeed, enabling them to make valuable contributions to their future employers from day one.
Theoretical knowledge is gained in the classroom, while students gain applied skills and hands-on experience through an applied learning practicum, approved internships, and consulting experience with project teams at the Voinovich School. Students participate in finding research-based solutions to challenges facing communities, the economy, and the environment as they learn by doing and prepare for careers serving the public interest.
The Voinovich School is composed of faculty, professional staff, and students working in interdisciplinary project teams in the following areas:
- Social innovation and public service, including education policy, government, nonprofit management, public health and wellness, community engagement, policy analysis and program evaluation
- Economic development and entrepreneurship
- Energy and the environment, including climate change and resiliency, energy and environmental policy, bioenergy and watershed restoration
Lead to Greatness
We know you gravitated toward public service because of your passion. It drives you to learn and connect with your community. Now, improve your community, your life, and even your country, while getting the hands-on skills you need to take your career to the next level.
- Work with faculty and professional staff to make real change in the region, state, and nation.
- Learn by doing through hands-on projects while developing relationships and professional connections with the School’s public, nonprofit and industry partnerships.
- Develop your leadership skills to enhance your impact.
- Work side-by-side with engaged faculty and professional staff in the field.
Ready to Get Started? No GRE Required
We accept applications at any time, but the deadline to apply to be considered for funding is February 15. This degree only accepts new students in the summer term of each year.
January 31, 2023Watch Video
Rust Belt ReboundNovember 10, 2022Watch Video
COVID’s Legacy: How Hybrid Work Models Benefit “Remote Ready” Rural CommunitiesSeptember 23, 2022Watch Video
Youth Led Programs (White Paper)November 6, 2017Youth-led programs empower young people to create community change. ...View PDF