Reserve with Virtual EMS
Please note that Conference and Event Services is open, but we are working under a modified schedule and some staff are working remotely.
We are excited to learn of President Sherman’s new public health measures, which include that vaccinated people no longer need to wear face masks indoors, or social distance in a non-academic setting.
However, Conference and Event Services is still awaiting guidance regarding large class utilization of many of our Major Event spaces to allow for three feet social distancing in academic settings. Given this information, at this time we are unable to make reservations for Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
Thank you for your patience as we await news from University Leadership. As soon as a decision is made, we will have more information about the Fall Semester 2021 reservation process.
Event Guidelines During Covid-19
Ohio University Conference and Event Services will abide by guidance provided by State of Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, The Center for Disease Control, and the Ohio University leadership. It is important to note that these guidelines are temporary and subject to change provided additional public health information or University leadership direction.
Baker University Center
May 5 - August 22
|Monday - Saturday||7:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
Open only during reserved event
Open only during reserved event
Updates to Conference and Event Services Processes
- Virtual EMS will not be accessible to the public during Summer and Fall Semester.
- If you need to make a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or to discuss your reservation needs, contact:
- All Digital Display reservations can be made through Erin Wooten, email@example.com
- Any questions about hosting a conference on campus can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting:
Online/Virtual Event Options
Standard Meetings and Small Events - Microsoft Teams meetings are available to all faculty and staff to utilize for remote meetings and events. The following webpage outlines how to get started using Teams for your next meeting or event. These meetings can support up to 250 participants (in the form of presenters or attendees). This is a great choice for collaborative meetings, breakout sessions, and small presentations. www.ohio.edu/oit/services/collaboration/teams
Presentations and Larger Events - Conference and Event Services offers two methods for streaming larger presentations or events from our venues.
- Microsoft Teams Live Events - These events can support up to 20,000 simultaneous viewers with as many as 250 presenters, moderated Q&A sections, post event recording, post event attendee reporting, and Q&A log. This is a great choice for broadcasting a town-hall meeting, keynote speeches, or large training sessions.
- YouTube Live - These events can support over 100,000 simultaneous viewers, live chat, post event recording available on OUCES YouTube channel. This is a great choice for concerts/performances, memorial services, or lectures.
*Streaming services start at $125/hour of streaming time. This includes setup/configuration of the stream, a 30-minute test session, and technical support during the stream. Streams will consist of a single camera or webcam and a single playback source for presentation material. Any presentation media needs to be submitted to our technical team at least 72 hours prior to the event. Once the event in over, the recording and an other resources will be made available to the customer. This pricing does not include content creation, media editing, or chat/Q&A moderation.