Career Services provides services and resources to support professional growth and leadership skill development for students and alumni. Whether you are exploring major or career options, preparing a resume or job searching, our professional career coaches customize appointments to meet your priorities. Coaching is action-oriented and empowers participants to set short-term action steps to work toward long-term career goals.
Why visit Career Services?
- Collaborate with a career coach to consider major and career options
- Develop leadership skills through individualized leadership coaching
- Prepare for a job or graduate school interview with a mock interview
- Gain a leadership certificate and develop a deeper understanding of leadership through the leadership series options
- Identify involvement opportunities that support your personal and professional goals
- Get insight from a career coach on the ins-and-outs of career development, such as networking, writing a resume and cover letter, job searching and more.
Schedule an Appointment
30-minute career coaching appointments offer time to discuss any career-related questions. All appointments are being held by telephone or Microsoft Teams. Please schedule using your Handshake account. Examples of common topics for career coaching include preparing for a job search, updating a resume, choosing a major, building a LinkedIn, and planning for graduate school. 30-minute appointments are available during regular office hours (Monday-Friday between 8 a.m.-5 p.m.). If you need help using Handshake, visit our About Handshake resource page.
What is Handshake?
Ohio University uses Handshake, the leading career platform used by 500+ colleges and by more than 250,000 employers.
Used by all Fortune 500 companies, Handshake allows you to discover and favorite jobs at top financial institutions, cutting edge tech firms, leading design and marketing agencies, nonprofits making the world a better place, and more. You can also receive personal recommendations based on your interests, skills, major, location preferences and search history.
Login today to complete your profile and put your best self forward to employers. And, be sure to download Handshake Mobile (iOS) to discover jobs on the go and to stay on track with reminders for application deadlines and direct messages from employers.
Finding a job can be daunting, but Handshake is here to help you take the first step towards building a great career and fulfilling your potential.