OpenScholar Research Websites
OpenScholar academic websites are optimized platforms that enable OHIO faculty to promote research, attract funding and create partnership opportunities. The website supports user-supplied images and documents to showcase research projects, scholarship and creative activities.
The websites are available free of charge, and they will work in coordination with the www.ohio.edu website.
These websites are not meant to replace faculty profiles on the current www.ohio.edu webpages; profiles will remain, and a link will be added pointing to faculty’s OpenScholar site from their profile, to create a more seamless experience.
Get Started Today
- Select your site theme from the pre-built template options on this page.
- Request a site.
- View training modules.
- Select photos for your site.
- Review the OpenScholar documentation library; and training resources will be emailed to you daily for your first 10 days.
- Email the Research Office with your questions or to discuss your project.
- Email OpenScholar for technical assistance and general website help.
Compelling, demonstrative and high-quality website images are game-changers in site traffic. If you don't have your own photos, we have a few options to help you create a successful website.
- Explore free-use OHIO campus images in Photoshelter, or free stock photography from Adobe Stock (OHIO ID required) websites.
- Need a headshot? University Communications & Marketing offers professional headshots for faculty. The headshot booth in Schoonover Center is also quick, easy and free to use.
- You can request general photography and video services through University Communications & Marketing (UCM), including a studio portrait or on-site lab coverage. UCM Photography Request Info