- Both screen and printer fonts are necessary.
- Include fonts that are in your EPS graphic files.
Visit ohio.edu/printing/fonts for more tips.
Remember to align your design's colors and typography with Ohio University's existing brand standards.
Visit OHIO's Brand Center for additional guidance.
- All graphic files should always be included with the final document.
- Do not send single page documents, it is very time-consuming to process them.
- Do not specify rules as hairline.
- Bleed should be extended past the edge of the document.
- For folding, each panel must be short as the pages roll inward.
- For trapping, do not misuse overprint.
- Resolution should be no less than900-1200dpi.
- Excessive sizing of images in page layout.
- Remember to properly identify colors as "spot" orCMYK.
Visit ohio.edu/printing/page-design for additional tips/tricks for page design.
Packaging the job
- Avoid confusing or incomplete job communications.
- Provide a hard copy of your print job to provide our team with a visual reference.
Visit ohio.edu/printing/tips-packaging for more helpful tips.
- Remember to package your PDF file with the appropriate crop and bleed marks.
- Always preview the finished PDF before sending.
- Visit ohio.edu/printing/pdfs for additional tips.