Presidential Teacher and Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching winners announced
Three Ohio University faculty members are being honored with prestigious University awards in recognition of their outstanding teaching and academic pursuits.
The winners will be recognized at the 2022 Faculty Awards Reception and Ceremony on Tuesday, March 29, in the Baker University Center Ballroom. The event will begin with a reception at 6 p.m., followed by the ceremony at 6:30 p.m.
In addition, the 2020 winners will be honored at the ceremony.
“The winners of these prestigious awards are all outstanding teachers who consistently demonstrate personal and professional commitment to student success,” Executive Vice President and Provost Elizabeth Sayrs said. “I look forward to celebrating the 2020 and 2022 winners at this special event.”
Presidential Teacher Awards
The 2022-2025 winners of the Presidential Teacher Awards are:
Dr. Adam Rapp
Ralph and Luci Schey Professor of Sales and Executive Director of the Schey Sales Centre in the College of Business
Dr. Kamile Geist
Director of the Music Therapy graduate and undergraduate programs in the School of Music and Director of Arts in Health in the College of Fine Arts
Other finalists for the Presidential Teacher Award were Associate Professor Sarah Davis and Associate Professor of Teacher Education Matt Felton.
Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
The 2022-2025 Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching will be presented to:
Associate Professor of Instruction, Director of the Professional Master of Business Administration program and Associate Director of the Honors Program in the College of Business
The other finalist for the Provost’s Awards for Excellence in Teaching was Assistant Professor of Instruction in Sports Administration Christina Wright.
Award recipients are chosen to hold the title of Presidential Teacher or Provost Teacher for three years. The selections for both awards involved a portfolio review and classroom visits.
“I want to thank the members of our selection committees for their time and thoughtful consideration throughout the process,” Sayrs said.
The members of the Presidential Teacher Award selection committee included:
- JP Morgan Chase Professor of Finance and Associate Professor Sinan Gokkaya, Finance
- Jason Johnson, graduate student
- Associate Professor Tresa Randall, Dance
- Associate Professor Dwan Robinson, Education
- Associate Professor Mary Rogus, Journalism
- Morgan Spehar, undergraduate student
- Associate Professor Tony Vinci, English
The members of the Provost’s Award for Excellence in Teaching selection committee included:
- Professor of Instruction Rebecca Barlag, Chemistry
- Associate Professor of Instruction Jodie Foster, Biomedical Sciences
- Josie Franks, undergraduate student
- Associate Professor of Instruction Michael Grant, Psychology
- Associate Professor of Instruction Pamela Kaylor, Communications
- Charlotte Yang, graduate student