Graduate and Ph.D. Studies
A Ph.D. program that educates scholars and scholar artists to dissolve the boundaries between specific academic and artistic disciplines in the creation of new knowledge. A consortium of professors lead specific disciplines, offering a perspective on the interrelationships of the arts around the globe. Candidates are funded with four-year assistantships that provide valuable pedagogical training.
For the scholar track, choose one primary and one secondary area from:
- Film Studies/ Comparative Literature
- Ethnomusicology/ Musicology
- Theater/ Performance Studies
- Visual Culture/ Literature of the African World
- Art and Architectural History
- Philosophy of Art
Interdisciplinary research is indeed vast with boundaries in flux that we continue to tailor to meet our own interests and contexts of study.
- Andrea Frohne