Construction Management Certificate
To obtain a certificate in CM, students need to complete 3 hours of a core course, 9 hours of technical electives, 6 hours of business courses, and 3 hours of either a senior capstone design course or a Tier III-equivalent synthesis course.
Construction Management Core Course (Required)
- Complete the following course: CE 2160 - Construction Engineering & Management (3 Credit Hours)
Construction Management Electives
Complete a minimum of three courses. At least two courses must come from Group A.
Group A (Complete at least two of the following courses)
- CE 4160 - Construction Estimating & Equipment (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4170 - Construction Planning & Scheduling (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4190 - Project Development, Contracts, and Law (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4540 - Sustainable Construction (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4370 - Timber Design (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4380 - Prestressed Concrete Design (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4670 - Traffic Signal Systems (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4710 - Foundation Engineering (3 Credit Hours)
- CE 4830 - Principles of Pavement Design (3 Credit Hours)
Complete the following two courses:
- ECON 1030 - Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credit Hours)
- MGT 2000 - Introduction to Management (3 Credit Hours)
Complete one of the civil engineering capstone courses or an equivalent senior capstone design course.