Admission requirements vary according to the program. Use the links below to access specific requirements for the program of your interest.
- Master of Arts in Speech-Language Pathology
- Doctor of Clinical Audiology
- Ph.D. in Hearing Science or Ph.D. in Speech-Language Science
To be considered for Ph.D. study, applicants must submit the following:
Individual interviews with the Associate Director, the Coordinator of Ph.D. Studies and/or a potential faculty mentor in the student's intended area of study are required. In-person interviews and campus visitations are highly recommended and in some cases may be required. In extenuating cases upon approval by the Associate Director and Coordinator of Ph.D. Studies when a campus interview is not possible, a phone interview may be permitted in lieu of the on-campus interview.
- An Ohio University application form.
- All past academic transcripts.
- Three letters of recommendation (including at least one from the student's master's degree program, if applicable).
- Official Score Report from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- A two- or three-page narrative detailing previous experience and long- and short-term career objectives.
- International applicants must additionally submit an English proficiency score (TOEFL or IELTS) and a CD sample of spoken English.