Communication Sciences and Disorders
Welcome to the Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders.
We are pleased to offer both outstanding professional and research training through bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. Our faculty is dedicated to exploring the science of human speech, hearing and language as well as seeking new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat various communication disorders.
The Division of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Ohio University's Communication Sciences and Disorders program offers both outstanding professional and research training through bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees. Our faculty is dedicated to exploring the science of human speech, hearing and language as well as seeking new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat various communication disorders.
The division’s undergraduate program in communication sciences and disorders is one of the largest in the United States, and its graduate programs in speech-language pathology and audiology are consistently ranked among the best in the nation. We achieved our reputation through a unique curriculum that combines classroom study, laboratory work and clinical experiences and service learning opportunities — often in conjunction with students in other disciplines within the college and the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine. Our graduates leave with a sound understanding of the anatomical and theoretical underpinnings of our field, as well as many hours of hands-on application in a multidisciplinary setting that closely resembles the modern healthcare workplace.
Why Choose Ohio University?
- A diverse and distinguished academic and clinical faculty
- Access to state-of-the-art clinical, research and educational facilities
- High acceptance rate for undergraduates into graduate programs
- Highly respected, nationally recognized graduate professional training
- Strong focus on clinical experience in multidisciplinary settings
- Observational and service experience in on-campus Hearing, Speech and Language Clinic