Ph.D. Intercultural Communication, Ohio University; Member Phi Beta Delta International Honor Society
M.A. TEFL/Linguistics, Ohio University
About Gerry Krzic
Greetings from Athens, Ohio! I have been involved in intercultural education and ESL for the last 20 years. I first became involved in international work during a study abroad sojourn to Brazil. Since that time, I’ve made stops in Korea (Peace Corps), Japan (Faculty Exchange), Yogoslavia (Fulbright), and Hungary (USIA teacher training). Throughout these travels, I have learned a great deal about other cultures, U.S. culture, and myself. I enjoy traveling and interacting with people from different parts of the world. If you are interested in any of the topics below, contact me via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (155 Gordy Hall, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio 45701 USA).
- Intercultural communication training for education and business environments. I particularly enjoy studying intercultural interaction between Japanese and North Americans, and between Koreans and North Americans.
- Korean and Japanese language and culture. I have taught Japanese language and culture classes and would love to design a training course Korean and North American intercultural programs.
- ESL/EFL Teacher Training. I have been involved in teacher training programs for Hungarian, Palestinean, Israeli, South African, Korean, and Japanese EFL teachers.
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Department of Linguistics, Ohio University
- Study Abroad Coordinator, Japan Program; Ohio University
- Senior Lecturer, Ohio Program of Intensive English (OPIE), Ohio University
- Fulbright Scholar. University of Nis, Yugoslavia
- Lecturer. Chubu University, Japan
- Peace Corps Volunteer. Republic of Korea
Recent Professional Presentations
- “Teaching Korean Students in Intensive ESL Programs” TESOL Conference, Chicago.
- “A Study of Japanese and American Intercultural Relations.” Research Perspectives in Adult Language Learning and Acquisition (RP-ALLA) Conference.
- “Cross-cultural Communication and Accommodation.” Ohio Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers Conference, Columbus.
- “Teacher Training in Eastern Europe.” NAFSA Conference, Chicago, IL.
- “Global Education and the ESL Teacher.” NAFSA/TESOL Regional Convention, Louisville, KY.
- United States Information Agency (USIA), Hungarian EFL Teacher Training
- University Consortium for Intensive English Programs (UCIEP), Eastern European Teacher Training
- Peace Corps, PCV training
- Honor Society Phi Beta Delta, TESOL, SIETAR, OhioTESOL, NORVA (Northeast Ohio Returned Peace Corps Volunteers)
- Japanese, Korean (advanced); Serbo-Croatian (limited use); Chinese (elementary study)