Geography Graduate Admissions
In addition to the university's minimum admission requirements and the application materials required by the Graduate College:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign institution with a degree that is equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.
- Successful candidates are students who have excelled academically. Some programs have a minimum 3.0 GPA (or equivalent) requirement.
- A one- to two-page statement that describes the student's interest in both the field of geography and the OHIO graduate program
- A separate resume or curriculum vitae.
- GRE not required.
- Three letters of recommendation by individuals who can comment on the student's preparation and potential for graduate studies.
- All non-native English speakers must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting official test scores for either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS academic). To be considered official, test scores must be reported directly from the testing agency to Ohio University.
Spousal and Domestic Partner Educational Opportunities
Look for the heading "Educational Opportunities Request Forms" available on the Graduate College forms.
To receive full consideration for funding decisions, all application materials must be submitted by Jan. 15.