Economics Graduate Degrees
The Ohio University Economics Department offers the M.A. in Economics.
M.A. in Economics
STEM-designated: The M.A. in Economics program at Ohio University prepares diverse students to apply economic theory to real-world situations. The program qualifies as an Optional Practical Training Extension for STEM Students (STEM OPT) designated program, allowing international students to extend their training in the United States by 24 months after graduation.
Advantages of the M.A. in Economics
- Funding opportunities are available on a competitive basis.
- One-year program with small class sizes that allow students to work closely with each other and with faculty.
- Courses focus on advanced quantitative methods (ranging from panel data models and difference-in-difference to the synthetic control method and forecasting techniques) using large databases in R and Stata.
- Faculty provide advice and support to students applying to job positions, Ph.D. programs, and internships.
- The program qualifies as an Optional Practical Training Extension for STEM Students (STEM OPT).