Edmond Y. Chang
Ellis 331, Athens Campus
Ph.D., English, University of Washington
M.A., English, University of Maryland
B.A., English, University of Maryland
B.A., Classics, University of Maryland
- 20/21C American Literature
- Queer/Queer Theory
- Digital Culture/Video Game Studies
- Posthuman Narratives
- Popular Culture
- “Playing as Making.” Disrupting Digital Humanities. Eds. Dorothy Kim and Jesse Stommel. Punctum Books, November 2018.
- “A Game Chooses, A Player Obeys: BioShock, Posthumanism, and the Limits of Queerness.” Gaming Representation: Race, Gender, and Sexuality in Video Games. Eds. Jennifer Malkowski and TreaAndrea M. Russworm. Indiana University Press, July 2017.
- “Queergaming.” Queer Game Studies. Eds. Bonnie Ruberg and Adrienne Shaw. University of Minnesota Press. March 2017.
- "'Love is in the Air': Queer (Im)Possibility and Straightwashing in FrontierVille and World of Warcraft." QED special issue on "Queer Gaming." Eds. Charles E. Morris and Thomas K. Nakayama. June 2015.
- “Teaching Harry Potter: Pedagogy as Play, Performance, and Textual Poaching.” Playing Harry Potter: Essays and Interviews on Fandom and Performance, Ed. Lisa Brenner. McFarland, 2015.
- ENG 2010: Prose Fiction and Nonfiction: "Read. Write. Bodies."
- ENG 2100: Critical Approaches to Popular Literature: “Why are Americans Afraid of Dragons?: Critical Approaches to Reading, Writing, and Playing Fantasy”
- ENG 3060: Women & Writing: "Critical Approaches to Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
- ENG 3850: Writing about Culture and Society: "Ready Player Two: Critical Approaches to Virtual Worlds and Video Games"
- ENG 3060: Women & Writing: "Feminist Science Fiction"
- ENG 3230: American Literature 1918-Present: "Queering American Literature"
- ENG 7800: Special Studies Seminar: "Keywords for Video Game Studies"