Professor in the School of Accountancy
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 1995
- M.Acc., Miami University, 1984
- B.S., Miami University, 1983
- Effects of taxation of corporate decision-making.
- Effects of taxation on merger and acquisition structure and pricing.
- Ohio University, 2001-current
- University of Colorado at Boulder, 1995-2001
- Miami University, 1987-89
- Arthur Andersen & Co., 1984-87
- Stock, T., Chen, Y. (2010). "The Taxation of Contingent Consideration Transactions". The Tax Advisor.
- Deeter-Schmelz, D., Stock, T. (2010). Customer Orientation, Performance, and the Moderating Effect of Marketing Information Characteristics in Consumer Markets: Some Research Propositions (th ed.). Poznan, Poland: Global Sales Science Institute.
- "Security Analyst and Stock Market Efficiency in Anticipating Tax-Motivated Income Shifting," (with Phil Shane, University of Colorado at Boulder). The Accounting Review, 81 (1): 227-250 (January, 2006).
- "An Empirical Investigation of Corporate Tax-Motivated Income Shifting" Advances in Taxation, 16: 147-177 (2004).
- "The Amount and Timing of Goodwill Write-Offs and Revaluations: U.S. and U.K. Evidence" (with Henning and Shaw). Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting 23(2): 99-121 (2004).
- "The Effect of Taxes on Acquisition Price and Transaction Structure," (with Henning and Shaw). The Journal of the American Taxation Association. 2000 Supplement, pp 1-17
- 2013 COB Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2010 COB Excellence in Professional Activity and Service Award
- 2008 COB Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2006 COB Excellence in Research Award
- 2006 Armbruster Research Scholar
- 2003 IFC/NPHC/WPA Teaching Award.
- 1998 American Taxation Association Tax Manuscript Award for “The Use of Financial Accounting Choice to Support Aggressive Tax Positions: Public and Private Firms,” (with Cloyd and Pratt).
- University of Colorado Charles Guiney Research Scholar, 1998-2000.
- University of Colorado Dean’s Teaching Scholar, 1997-98.
- Price Waterhouse Tax Fellow, 1996-97.
- Certified Public Accountant (Ohio, 1986).