Jennifer Sustersic Stevens
- Ph.D. in Accounting & MIS - The Ohio State University 2012
- M.S in Accountancy - Miami University (OH) 2002
- B.S. in Business (Accountancy) - Miami University (OH) 2001
- financial reporting and disclosure
- private equity
- corporate governance
- forensic accounting
- accounting education
Jennifer Sustersic Stevens, Ph.D., CPA, is an Assistant Professor of Accountancy in Ohio University’s School of Accountancy.
Her work has been published or is forthcoming in the Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Accounting Horizons, Research in Accounting Regulation, the Journal of Portfolio Management, the Journal of Investment Management and Issues in Accounting Education.
Jennifer teaches Accounting Theory and Application, as well as Forensic Accounting and Fraud Examination in Ohio University’s Master of Accountancy. She also participates in an interdisciplinary forensics team at Ohio University and team teaches Introduction to Forensic Studies.
Jennifer joins Ohio University after spending four years on the faculty at the University of Notre Dame, where she won the James R. Dincolo Outstanding Undergraduate Professor Award.
She holds a Ph.D. in Accounting & MIS from The Ohio State University, as well as an undergraduate and master’s degree in Accountancy from Miami University (OH). Prior to entering the Ph.D. program, Jennifer worked in fraud and forensic accounting for EY in Chicago, followed by Alvarez & Marsal. She also worked for GLG, a company providing research services to investment managers, hedge funds and private equity firms. Jennifer is a CPA licensed in Illinois, a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners and a member of the American Accounting Association.
- Larocque, S. A., Shive, S.A., & Stevens, J.S. (2022). Private Equity Performance and the Effects of Cash-Flow Timing. Journal of Portfolio Management, 48(9), 86-102.
- Burks, J. J., & Stevens, J. S. (2022). Opaque auditor dismissal disclosures: What does timing reveal that disclosures do not?. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 41(1), 106905.
- Frecka, T. J., Mittelstaedt, H. F., & Stevens, J. S. (2022). Career Paths and Compensation for Accounting Graduates. Accounting Horizons, 36(1), 77-109.
- Easton, P.D, Larocque, S., & Stevens, J.S. (2021). Private Equity Valuation Before and After ASC 820. Journal of Investment Management, 19(4), 105-135.
- Frecka, T. J., Griffin, J. B., & Stevens, J. S. (2018). Transparency and the audit industry? Not in the U.S. Evidence on audit production costs, profitability and partner compensation from the U.K. Research in Accounting Regulation, 30(2), 73-81.
- Schaefer, T. F., & Stevens, J. S. (2016). Using rubrics to assess accounting learning goal achievement. Issues in Accounting Education, 31(1), 17-28.
Presentations & Awards
- The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Enforcement Division, Presenter (2022)
- The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), Presenter (2022)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting Section, AAA Midyear Meeting, Presenter (2019)
- American Accounting Association, Annual Meeting, Presenter (2018)
- American Accounting Association, Ohio Region Meeting, Presenter (2018)
- Forensic Accounting Section, AAA Midyear Meeting, Presenter (2018)
- American Accounting Association, Annual Meeting, Discussant (2015)
- University of Notre Dame Advisory Board Fall Meeting (2013)
- American Accounting Association, Annual Meeting, Discussant (2013)
- American Accounting Association, Annual Meeting, Presenter (2012)
- James Dincolo Outstanding Undergraduate Professor Award, The University of Notre Dame (2015)
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois)
- Member, The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, Central Ohio Chapter, The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member, The American Accounting Association
- Member, The Ohio Society of CPAs
- Member, The Knoble