Chair, Finance; Leona Hughes Associate Professor of Finance
Copeland Hall 514G
- Ph.D., Oklahoma State University, 2012. Finance.
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, 2012. Quantitative Financial Economics.
- B.S., Southern Illinois University, 2006. Major: Management Information Systems, Minor: Accounting.
- Financial institutions, particularly banks
- Corporate governance
- Camara, Antonio, Travis Davidson, and Andrew Fodor, (2020) “Bank Asset Structure and Deposit Insurance Pricing” Journal of Banking & Finance, 114: 1-19, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbankfin.2020.105805.
- Cole, Rebel, Travis Davidson, and Hongxia Wang, (2020). “Why do bank holding companies purchase bank-owned life insurance?” Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, 1-31, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11156-020-00938-1.
- Cyree, Ken, Travis Davidson, and John Stowe, (2019) “Forming Appropriate Peer Groups for Bank Research: A Cluster Analysis of Bank Financial Statements” Journal of Economics and Finance, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12197-019-09483-7.
- Allen, Kyle, Travis Davidson, Scott Hein, and Matthew Whitledge, (2017) “Dodd- Frank’s Federal Deposit Insurance Reform” Journal of Banking Regulation, https://doi.org/10.1057/s41261-017-0050-3.
- Davidson, Travis, (2017) “Bank-Owned Life Insurance and Bank Risk” The Financial Review, 52(3): 459-498.
- Chintrakarn, Pandej, Travis Davidson, Napatsorn Jiraporn, and Pornsit Jiraporn (2017) “Estimating the Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) on Firm Value Using Geographic Identification” Asia-Pacific Journal of Financial Studies, 46(2): 276-304.
- Davidson, Travis and W. Gary Simpson, (2016) “Federal Home Loan Bank Advances and Small Business Lending” Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, 18(1): 1-21.
- Davidson, Travis and W. Gary Simpson, (2016) “Federal Home Loan Bank Advances and bank risk” Journal of Economics and Finance, 40(1): 137-156.
- Benson, Bradley, Wallace Davidson III, Travis Davidson, and Hongxia Wang, (2015) “Do Busy Directors and CEOs Shirk their Responsibilities? Evidence from Mergers and Acquisitions” Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 55: 1-19.
- Davidson, Travis and Roger Shelor, (2014) “An Empirical Investigation of the Demand for Bank-Owned Life Insurance” Financial Markets, Institutions & Instruments, 23(5): 303- 321.
- Davidson, Travis and Joel Harper, (2014) “Off-Track: The Disappearance of Tracking Stocks” Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 26(4): 98-105.