All OHIO community members who have an ID card already have a Bobcat Cash account available to deposit funds. Deposits can be made using eAccounts (credit card), the Value Transfer Station at Alden Library (cash), in person at the Office of the Bursar in Chubb Hall (cash or check), via the student's MyOHIO Student Center portal (credit card or eCheck), via a Student Accounts Authorized User Portal (credit card or eCheck), or by mail to the Office of the Bursar. Funds deposited using eAccounts or the Value Transfer Station in Alden Library will be available immediately, while funds deposited through the Bursar's Office or MyOHIO will not be available until the next business day after the deposit is received.
All major credit cards (American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa) are accepted in both eAccounts and the MyOHIO Student Center but are subject to a 2.9% processing fee.
The MyOHIO Student Center can also process eChecks / ACH (a transfer directly from your checking account) without any processing fees or service charges. However, funds deposited using eCheck / ACH are not available until the next business day.
Step by Step Instructions
eAccounts (Account Holder) Credit/Debit Card Deposits
To make a deposit to your Bobcat Cash using eAccounts, complete the following steps:
- Log in to eAccounts
- Locate the white box in the top left corner that displays your Bobcat Cash balance
- Under your current Bobcat Cash balance, click the link that says "+Add Money"
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit and click "Next"
- You will be directed to a secure external payment gateway to enter your credit card information and complete your transaction. There is a 2.9% processing fee.
- The funds will be reflected in your account as soon as you receive the deposit confirmation email
eAccounts (Guest) Credit/Debit Card Deposits
eAccounts allows guest deposits to be made to any cardholders account by a third-party using the following steps:
- Go to the eAccounts portal
- Click the "Guest Deposit" button below the login box
- You will be prompted to enter the recipient's last name and Ohio University email address
- If the information entered matches a customer in our system, you will be presented with a deposit page to specify the amount you would like to deposit
- Once you complete the deposit information, you will be directed to a secure external payment gateway to enter your credit card information and complete your transaction. There is a 2.9% processing fee.
- The funds will be reflected in the recipient's Bobcat Cash account as soon as you see the payment confirmation screen
Alden Library Value Transfer Station (Cash & Credit Card)
The Alden Library Value Transfer Station (VTS) allows you to deposit cash instantly onto your Bobcat Cash Account with no service fees. It also accepts credit card deposits of up to $25 with no service fee. To make a deposit, follow these steps:
- Visit the Value Transfer Station located in the Learning Commons on the second floor of Alden Library
- Select "Make a Deposit"
- Select the "Cash" or "Credit Card" option when prompted
- Insert cash (the machine accepts $1, $5, $10, $20 and $50 bills) or follow the credit card prompts. Credit Card deposits must be between $2 and $25.
MyOHIO Student Center & the Authorized User Portal (eCheck)
To make a deposit through MyOHIO, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the MyOHIO Student Center or the Authorized User portal
- Select the "Accounts" tab
- Select the "Make a Payment" link under the "Finances" section
- Click on the "Bobcat Cash" link
- Complete your payment information and submit the transaction. You can use eCheck (no service fee) or credit / debit cards (2.9% processing fee).
- Funds deposited through MyOHIO will not be reflected in your account until at least the next business day
Mailing a Check or Money Order
A mailed check or money order payment is also accepted but will take the longest amount of time to post to the student's account.
- Make payable to Ohio University
- In available memo section, specify "Bobcat Cash" and the student's PID
- Mail to:
P.O. Box 960
010 Chubb Hall
Athens, OH 45701-2979.