The graduate assistantship application process and the academic admissions process are separate but concurrent processes.
1. The application process for a Graduate Assistantship requires the following:
A. Candidates may apply for up to 5 Graduate Assistantships
- A full list of Graduate Assistantship position descriptions with a corresponding link to apply for the position are located here. Click on each position to locate the application link within the position description.
- The application link will take you to the job posting on the Human Resources website.
- If you choose to apply, you will be directed to create a user account on the Human Resources website.
B. A cover letter highlighting your skill and capabilities. Candidates may submit one general cover letter for all positions or write individual cover letters for each Graduate Assistantship.
C. A current résumé
D. A list of professional references
2. The application process to the master’s program in College Student Personnel requires the following:
A. A completed Graduate Admissions Application and an application fee of $50 (this application can be found at http://www.ohio.edu/graduate/apply.cfm)
B. Submission of transcripts of bachelor’s degree work (one official copy)
C. If undergraduate GPA is < 2.9 (4.0 scale) overall or < 3.25 for the last 90 quarter or equivalent semester hours, applicants must submit scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE); if GPA exceeds these levels, no test scores are required.
Send these materials, postmarked by January 15 for first consideration, to:
220 Research and Technology Center
Athens, OH 45701-2979
D. An autobiography (2-3 pages)
The autobiography provides a sample of your writing. It should tell us about you as an applicant and address important factors in your life journey that have shaped your interest in CSP and brought you to apply to this program.
E. Three letters of recommendation
Items 2D and 2E can be uploaded directly to your electronic Graduate Admissions Application (2A); however, if you choose to submit a paper form of the Graduate Admissions Application, send items 2D and 2E, postmarked by January 16 for first consideration, to:
The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Office of Student Services
124 McCracken Hall
Athens, OH 45701
F. A personal interview with a faculty member
These interviews will be conducted during the Graduate Assistant Interview Day, February 22nd-23rd 2013.