Designed to meet the needs of growing companies, the Innovation Center's 36,000 square foot incubator has 29 offices, ten biotechnology labs, two shared labs, five conference rooms, a loading dock, ample free parking and much more. We offer flexible leases to accommodate the changing space needs of our clients, with prices starting well below market rates to help early-stage companies when they need it the most.
With 29 offices ranging in size from 136 to 962 square feet, companies will find the space that they need to launch and grow.
The Innovation Center has ten adaptable laboratory spaces ideal for life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and analytical chemistry companies as well as those involved in research and small-scale engineering. Our full time Lab Manager is a valuable asset and assists clients with lab set-up, navigating regulatory standards, establishing protocols, staff training on equipment, and more.
Shared Lab Equipment
In addition to their own lab space, clients also have access to two shared laboratories at no additional cost. For researchers that would like access to this equipment but are not affiliated with the Innovation Center, please refer to the Wet Lab Equipment Pricing sheet for rate information.
- Cryogenic tissue homogenizer system (Fisher Scientific)
- Assorted glassware and disposables
- Multi-channel and adjustable pipettes (0.2ul-1000ul)
- Benchtop pH meters
- Avidity type I water (ddH20) purification system
- Water baths
- Stirring hot plates
- Mettler Toledo analytical balances
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- StepOne Plus Real Time PCR Thermocycler (Applied Biosystems)
- Veriti Thermocyclers (Applied Biosystems)
- Synergy plate reader (luminescence, fluorescence, and UV-Vis detection) for 96/384 well plates, with 1nm variable bandwidth monochromators, dual injectors, and environmental controls (BioTek)
- Electrophoresis apparatus (vertical and horizontal)
- Multi-cell or single cell UV-VIS Spectrophotometer (Thermo Scientific)
- ChemDoc Gel/Blot Imager (BioRad)
- Countess II cell counter
Centrifuges, Shakers, and Incubators
- Programmable ultra-high-speed centrifuge (Beckman Coulter)
- Programmable temperature-controlled swing bucket centrifuge (Thermo Scientific)
- Programmable Avanti J-25 high-speed centrifuge (Beckman Coulter)
- Refrigerated microcentrifuge
- MaxQ 4000 and 5000 incubator/shakers
- Benchtop orbital shaker
- SteriCult C02 Incubators (Fisher Scientific)
- AMG Evos digital inverted fluorescence microscope
- Inverted light microscope with 4X, 10X, 20X, and 40X objectives
- SpeedVac volume concentrator
- Epredia electronic microtome
- Concept chemical fume hoods (Fisher Hamilton)
- Class II Bio-safety Cabinets for bacteria, virus, and/or cell and tissue culture work (Thermo Forma)
- PCR workstations (Thermo Fisher)
- Consolidated SSR autoclaves
- High-temperature oven (VWR Scientific)
- Tommy SX-500 portable autoclave
Low Temperature Storage
- Liquid nitrogen dewars
- -20C upright freezers
- -80C upright freezers
- -4C refrigerators
- Stirling UltraCold under-the-counter adjustable temperature freezer
- Stirling UltraCold portable adjustable temperature freezers
Ohio University Laboratory Partners
Other facilities on campus with laboratory equipment that Innovation Center clients may be able to access include:
Ohio University Genomics Facility
The Ohio University Genomics Facility provides services such as DNA sequencing, fragment analysis, RNA, DNA, protein and cell cytometry services, and more.
Edison Biotechnology Institute (EBI)
EBI provides an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial environment that fosters basic discovery research, the development of new technology, and the transfer of that technology to the private sector to create companies, jobs and investment in Ohio.
For more information about lab services and equipment, contact:
Innovation Center Director
The Innovation Center has five conference rooms varying in size that are available for client use at no additional charge. With the capacity to accommodate 4 - 40 people, clients have professional space outside of their offices to hold team meetings, staff trainings, and investor pitches.
All meeting rooms come equipped with:
- Smart TV
- Wired internet and Wi-fi
- Room 103 has a desktop computer with laptop connectivity and built-in ceiling projector plus video conferencing capability
Conference rooms are available to outside entities for a fee. To inquire about rates, check availability, and to book, please contact us.
In addition to offices, labs, and conference rooms, the Innovation Center clients have access to a kitchen, business center, and lobby area with a staffed front desk.