Designed to meet the needs of growing companies, the Innovation Center's 36,000 square foot incubator has 29 offices, ten biotechnology labs, two shared labs, five conference rooms, a loading dock, ample free parking and much more. We offer flexible leases to accommodate the changing space needs of our clients, with prices starting well below market rates to help early-stage companies when they need it the most.
With 29 offices ranging in size from 136 to 962 square feet, companies will find the space that they need to launch and grow.
The Innovation Center has ten adaptable laboratory spaces ideal for life sciences, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and analytical chemistry companies as well as those involved in research and small-scale engineering. Our full time Lab Manager is a valuable asset and assists clients with lab set-up, navigating regulatory standards, establishing protocols, staff training on equipment, and more.
In addition to their own lab space, clients also have access to two shared laboratories at no additional cost. For researchers that would like access to this equipment but are not affiliated with the Innovation Center, please refer to the Wet Lab Equipment Pricing sheet for rate information.
- Cryogenic Tissue Homogenizer System (Fisher Scientific)
- Assorted glassware and disposables
- Multi-channel pipette and adjustable pipettes (0.2ul-1000ul)
Bench-top pH meter
- Portable pH meter
- Ice Maker
- Millipore Water Purification System
- Computer work station with PASW Statistics 18 software
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (Shimudzu)
- StepOnePlus Real Time PCR and Thermocycler (Applied Biosystems)
- Programmable multi-modemicro plate reader (luminescence, fluorescence, and UV-Vis detection) for 96/384 multi-well plates and u1 volume testing adapter includes multi-well micro-modemicro plate washer (Biotek)
- Vertical and horizontal gel boxes with power supply
- Multi-cell or single cell UV-VIS Spectrotometer with thermal printer (Thermo Scientific)
- Hemavet Blood Analyzer (Drew)
- Western Blot Testing and Imaging
Centrifuges and Shakers
- Programmable ultra-high speed centrifuge with 3 variety titanium rotors (Beckman Coulter)
- Programmable temperature-controlled bio-fuge centrifuge (Thermo Scientific)
- Three Water-jacketed CO2 incubators (Thermo Forma)
- More centrifuges and rotors coming soon!
- Water-jacketed CO2 incubator, orbital shaker, and inverted microscope
- Two bench top orbital shakers
- Programmable environmental chamber (Thermo Scientific)
Low Temperature Storage
- Liquid nitrogen dewar
- -20C upright freezer
- -80C upright freezer
- 2 - 8C refrigerators
- 3 Sterling UltraCold under the counter adjustable temperature freezers
- 3 Sterling UltraCold portable (runs on cigarette lighter) adjustable temperature freezers
- Hotplates (with or without stirring)
- AMG Evos digital inverted fluorescence microscope
- Inverted light microscope with 4X, 10X and 20X objectives
- Two Mettler Toledo analytical balances
- Concept chemical fume hood (Fisher Hamilton)
- Two Class II Bio-safety Cabinets for bacteria and virus work and mammalian cell/tissue culturing (Thermo Forma)
- High-temperature oven (VWR Scientific)
Ohio University Laboratory Partners
Other facilities on campus with laboratory equipment that Innovation Center clients may be able to access include:
Ohio University Genomics Facility
The Ohio University Genomics Facility provides services such as DNA sequencing, fragment analysis, RNA, DNA, protein and cell cytometry services, and more.
Edison Biotechnology Institute (EBI)
EBI provides an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial environment that fosters basic discovery research, the development of new technology, and the transfer of that technology to the private sector to create companies, jobs and investment in Ohio.
For more information about lab services and equipment, contact:
Innovation Center Director
The Innovation Center has five conference rooms varying in size that are available for client use at no additional charge. With the capacity to accommodate 4 - 40 people, clients have professional space outside of their offices to hold team meetings, staff trainings, and investor pitches.
All meeting rooms come equipped with:
- Smart TV
- Wired internet and Wi-fi
- Room 103 has a desktop computer with laptop connectivity and built-in ceiling projector plus video conferencing capability
In addition to offices, labs, and conference rooms, the Innovation Center clients have access to a kitchen, business center, and lobby area with a staffed front desk.