OUPD received a third-party report of a sexual assault that occurred between the nighttime hours of October 28, 2022 and the early morning hours of October 29, 2022. The reporting party advised that a female Ohio University student was walking back to her room in Brown Hall and at some point realized that she was followed by a male unknown to her. The male entered her room and engaged the victim in sexual conduct without consent.
OUPD spoke with the victim, who did not wish to provide additional information or participate in an investigation at this time.
Crime Prevention Tips:
- Survivors of crime are never at fault for their victimization. It is the perpetrators of these crimes who are responsible for their actions that make our campus less safe.
- Sexual contact without consent, with or without additional physical injury, is a serious crime.
- If you see someone in need, there are ways you can safely intervene, including by being direct when safe and able, creating a distraction, or by delegating to others when help is needed.
- When walking alone, consider walking with your phone in your hand.
- If you feel threatened or uncomfortable in regards to your safety, please call 911.
- If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, resources are available for help. For a list of confidential and non-confidential campus or community resources, please visit:https://www.ohio.edu/equity-civil-rights/Resources