Crime Alert 230045
Unknown Residence Hall
OUPD received an anonymous report from the hospital of a rape that occurred in the early morning hours of January 28, 2023. A female victim reported to a nurse that she met the suspect while Uptown on Saturday night. The suspect then followed the victim back to her residence hall, which was not identified in the hospital’s documentation, where he used force to have sexual intercourse with her.
Due to the anonymous nature of this report, OUPD is unable to investigate further at this time. If you have additional information that may be pertinent to the safety of the community, you are encouraged to contact OUPD at 740-593-1911 or email@example.com.
Crime Prevention Tips:
- Survivors of crime are never at fault for their victimization. It is the perpetrators of these crimes who are responsible for their actions that make our campus less safe.
- Sexual contact without consent, with or without additional physical injury, is a serious crime.
- If you see someone in need, there are ways you can safely intervene, including by being direct when safe and able, creating a distraction, or by delegating to others when help is needed.
- When walking alone, consider walking with your phone in your hand.
- If you feel threatened or uncomfortable in regards to your safety, please call 911.
- If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, resources are available for help. For a list of confidential and non-confidential campus or community resources, please visit:https://www.ohio.edu/equity-civil-rights/Resources