Crime Alert 220317
White female, college aged, with brown hair and wearing blue shorts
On May 18, 2022 at 4:33 p.m., OUPD received a report of rape that occurred sometime in the evening of May 17, 2022 or the early morning of May 18, 2022. A female victim reported that the female described above engaged her in sexual conduct without her consent. The victim reported that she met the female suspect earlier in the day and arranged to meet later in Jefferson Hall. Once at Jefferson Hall, the victim believes she may have been drugged and the suspect engaged the victim in sexual conduct without consent.
This case is being investigated by the Ohio University Police Department.
Crime Prevention Tips:
- Survivors of crime are never at fault for their victimization. It is the perpetrators of these crimes who are responsible for their actions that make our campus less safe.
- Sexual contact without consent, with or without additional physical injury, is a serious crime.
- If you see someone in need, there are ways you can safely intervene, including by being direct when safe and able, creating a distraction, or by delegating to others when help is needed.
- If you feel threatened or uncomfortable in regards to your safety, please call 911.
- If you or someone you know is a survivor of sexual assault, resources are available for help. For a list of confidential and non-confidential campus or community resources, please visit:https://www.ohio.edu/equity-civil-rights/Resources