Universiti Teknologi MARA
- The relationship started in 1968 with the establishment of Business and Commerce programs with ITM - Institut Teknologi MARA (now UiTM). OHIO professors went to ITM to teach and ITM sent lecturers, staff and students to Athens to start full residency programs at OHIO. BBA and MBA programs for ITM started with the College of Business. The College of Business also held MBA programs in Sarawak through UiTM Sarawak Campus.
- In 2009 and 2010, the Faculty of Communication and Media Studies in UiTM sent two groups of UiTM students to do an internship program at OHIO.
- OHIO Film students traveled to Malaysia in Dec 2012-Jan 2013 to produce a film under the direction of Frederick Lewis, associate professor in the School of Media Arts & Studies. The 23-minute film Home for Hari Raya was based on the short story of the same name written by Robert Raymer, an Ohio native and a long-time expat living in Sarawak.
Areas of Partnership
- International Conference in University Learning and Teaching (InCULT)
- InCULT is a biennial conference on teaching and learning in higher education hosted by UiTM. OHIO’s faculty members in education have delivered numerous keynote speeches and plenery talks over the years.
- 2021: Dr. Sara Helfrich, interim dean, Patton College of Education, delivered a Keynote address titled, "Teaching, Leading, and Learning in Times of Change."
- 2018: Dr. Bradley Cohen, Senior Vice Provost, gave a plenary speech. Dr. Renee Middleton, Dean of the Patton College of Education delivered a featured Talk. Dr. Dawn Bikowski and Dr. Christine Bhat also delivered talks about faculty learning community efforts.
- 2016: Dr. Emmanuel Jean-Francois, Associate Professor of Comparative and International Education in the Patton College of Education, delivered a keynote address.
- 2014: Dr. Lorna Jean Edmonds, Vice Provost for Global Affairs and International Studies, gave a plenary speech titled, “Planning for the University Leadership in the Universal Knowledge Economy.”
- 2012: Dr. Teresa Franklin delivered a plenary talk.
- Tun Abdul Razak Chair
- 14th Tun Abdul Razak Chair, Prof. Dr. Habiba Ashari, Professor of Education and Director of the International Education College (INTEC) at UiTM, served from 2011-2014.
- Tun Abdul Razak Lecture